Friday, November 22, 2013

Today Just One of Life’s
Defining Moments


Today, the 50th anniversary of the death of President John F. Kennedy, is one of life’s defining moments for me as well as many other Americans. As we honor his legacy in history, I’m reminded of other special moments or turning points in my own life. Those unforgettable experiences when time stood still and I’ll never forget where I was and what I was doing.  The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster, for one, conjures up memories of shock and disbelief.

Conversely, positive experiences can have the same power and magnitude. The births of my children and grandchildren stand out on the wonderful side of life, bringing smiles to my face every recollection. My first day of college or first days in various jobs at Mesquite ISD are also indelible memories, leading me to where I am today on my life’s path.

Next week, as we celebrate Thanksgiving, let’s take time to reflect upon and appreciate all the defining moments in our lives that have been good for us and for those we love. Maybe you can even anticipate the next one that’s ahead for you.

Safe travels and enjoy your time off!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Please provide your first name so that we can address our response properly. If you have a specific question that you would like to have addressed, please send it to info@mesquiteisd.org.